On 4th October, the MJLD team will be participating in the 5km Liverpool Legal Walk to help raise money for free legal advice charities to help those most in need!
We would be grateful for any donations, every penny counts! The link to our sponsorship is:
The legal walk has been sent up by The North West Legal Support Trust. Check out their website for more information…
Red Door Drinks and American Pizza Slice
Summer is over, but the fun is not! Join the MJLD for free drinks, pizza and roof top views at Red Door on Berry Street on Thursday 1 September to combat those end of summer blues…
Sponsored by Law Costing Limited, entry is free from 6pm-late with free drinks and American Pizza Slice provided.
Contact socialMJLD@gmail.com to confirm your place.
See you there!
Saturday night was the most anticipated events in the Merseyside Junior Lawyers calendar. It saw the annual charity ball, this year supporting Zoe’s Place Baby Hospice.
The event took place at Titanic Hotel, Liverpool, and was decorated in spectacular style with a live band, dance floor and casino tables.
Attendees were extremely supportive of our chosen charity, raising in excess of £1,500 on the night. The main fundraising raffle was a balloon extravaganza, with purchased raffle tickets hidden in helium balloons.
The event could not have taken place without the support of our sponsors:
Headline Sponsor – Law Costing
Drinks Reception Sponsor – The University of Law
Photobooth Sponsor – Anakin Seal
A further thank you is extended to everyone who donated raffle prizes to help us raise such a great sum on the night.
And finally, a huge thank you from MJLD to everyone that attended and made the evening the success that it was.
Date: Thursday 5th May 2016
Venue: Revolution, 2 Temple Court, Liverpool, L2 6PY
Time: 6pm – 8pm
During the evening, we will be providing help and guidance across the following topics:
- An overview of the current legal market and expected demand for NQ solicitors
- Information regarding regional, national, international and in-house opportunities
- CV guidance
- Suggested timescales to work towards
- Interview techniques
- Salary information
- An opportunity for you to chat to us informally over drinks and nibbles after the presentation
We look forward to seeing you there
RSVP to Nikki Greaves: email@example.com
Anakin Seal and Merseyside JLD would like to invite you to a presentation aimed at trainee solicitors approaching qualification in 2016.
Adam Zdravkovic, Conor McQuistin and Kiah Winterbottom will be in attendance from Anakin Seal and will talk you through the basics of securing a NQ role in 2016/2017.
The special guest Andrew Langfeld, In-House Solicitor at Princes in Liverpool, will give some insight into in-house as a junior solicitor, and what you should be doing now to achieve an in-house role in the future.
Topics will include:
- Overview of market, busy and quiet disciplines, NQ salary levels and the importance of accruing PQE – in relation to law firms in Liverpool and beyond.
- CV preparation and advice for internal as well as external applications.
- Interview preparation specifically for NQ roles.
- Whether to move on qualification or accept an internal position.
- Quick overview of service provided by Anakin Seal.
- FAQs e.g. in-house NQ roles, which discipline will future proof my career?
- Any other questions.
The consultants will be available to speak at the end of the talk for any more specific queries.
To be held at:
BPP Law School Liverpool
1st Floor – Merchants Court
2-12 Lord Street
To reserve a place, please RSVP to Triin.Ungert88@law.ac.uk
We look forward to seeing you there!